1. The way rain sounds as it beats down on the yard, the roof, the streets outside our window.
2. That stickiness that comes with roiling thunder and flashes of lightning.
3. It feels different this morning, the air does. As if the atmosphere, too, is waiting with bated breath for autumn to arrive.
4. Family meetings and laughing so hard my abs cramp and my eyes tear up.
I hope these memories are the ones that stay.
5. Black paint and owning our dreams. Let’s paint the fireplace and the cabinets and drape the couches in sumptuous textures!