1. I wonder if the solar eclipse energy is not just a fierce shot of the feminine (hello, Luna love), but also a bit of balance. Light and dark. The shadows dancing during the day.
2. I broke my new pair of shoes and dropped my house key in in the middle of a busy street while walking O to school this morning.
But, while out on errands (read: window shopping), I found the perfect new kettle, the most adorable Autumn + Halloween decor, a rug (that I am OBSESSED with) for the courtyard, and the perfect modern industrial basket for the stack of blankets I like to keep available for snuggling on the couch.
3. I am convinced shelf bras in camis are not meant for large breasts. It feels like I've Ace bandaged myself.
4. Leaves aren't changing color here quite yet, but the air . . . oh, the air is changing. Persephone's return is near and it feels like Hades is exhaling.
5. There are days when I feel as if jeans are too constricting and overrated, and days when I wish for the most perfect bell bottoms with a thick hem and a perfect flare.
6. Why is the queue at my daughter's high school almost full an hour before school even gets out? I don't remember school pick up and drop off being this chaotic or stressful for my parents.
7. Why do songs sung in Hawai'ian get me all choked up? Like, I get legit emotional. Past life grief, maybe?
8. And when can I get my feet back on that sacred soil? Even if it feels wrong to be a tourist there. Like, I love it, but it feels wrong in a way, too.
9. I'm not me when it's summer time, and I feel like I wait all year for September 21st.
10. Freyja is just about healed and I just ordered two mini dresses (in black, of course) to rock her in the Autumn.
Mini dresses. I haven't worn mini dresses since junior high. Who am I?